ENG3U

Why wouldn’t I want to live in Gaawaandagkoong First Nation?

In Moon of the Crusted Snow the story took place in a place called Gaawaandagkoong First Nation. This community is located way up north. So when things went sour (cell service/internet went out, power went out, and there was no food delivery) they had nobody to contact to see what was going wrong.

would not liked to have lived in this community during this time period because these people could not go anywhere because it was winter, and the snow was coming down hard leaving there be no way in or out of the community. I would feel like I was trapped. Trapped in the sense that I would have nowhere to go, the only option that was there for me was to sit there and wait, wait for the time to come where the community would run out of the stashed food.

Printeboek / Pixabay

One thought on “Why wouldn’t I want to live in Gaawaandagkoong First Nation?

1. I like the ideas you have. I would also not be able to survive in the community because of the isolation. I’d feel like I was a bird in a cage, waiting for something more. overall, I would say it was a good response but I found one of your sentences a little confusing.